Welcome to the new malegislature.gov! Please take a moment to let us know what you think.
Chapter 40C: HISTORIC DISTRICTS
- Section 1 Citation
- Section 2 Purpose
- Section 3 Establishment of historic districts; pre-requisites; enlargement or reduction of boundaries; amendment of creating ordinance; filing of maps
- Section 4 Study committees; commissions; establishment; membership; terms; vacancies; compensation; officers
- Section 5 Definitions
- Section 6 Certificates of appropriateness, non-applicability or hardship; necessity; applications and plans, etc.; building and demolition permits restricted
- Section 7 Factors to be considered by commission
- Section 8 Review authority of commission over certain categories of buildings, structures or exterior architectural features limited; authorization
- Section 9 Maintenance, repair or replacement.
- Section 10 Additional powers, functions and duties of commission
- Section 11 Approval or disapproval of exterior architectural features by commission; meetings; applications for certificates; public hearings; notices
- Section 12 Review procedure provided by local ordinance or by-law
- Section 12A Appeal to superior court
- Section 13 Jurisdiction of superior court; penalty
- Section 14 Powers and duties of commissions established as historical commissions
- Section 15 Filing of ordinances, maps, reports, etc.
- Section 16 Special historic districts; acceptance and effect of this chapter
- Section 17 Severability