Skip to Content
The 191st General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Section 5-415: Petitions for orders subsequent to appointment

Section 5–415. [Petitions for Orders Subsequent to Appointment.]

(a) Any person interested in the welfare of a person for whom a conservator has been appointed may file a petition in the appointing court for an order:

(1) requiring sureties or collateral or additional sureties or collateral, or reducing bond;

(2) requiring an inventory or accounting for the administration of the trust;

(3) directing distribution;

(4) removing the conservator and appointing a temporary or successor conservator; or

(5) granting other appropriate relief.

(b) A conservator may petition the appointing court for instructions concerning fiduciary responsibility.

(c) Upon notice and hearing, the court may give appropriate instructions or make any appropriate order.