AN ACT AUTHORIZING THE CITY OF MEDFORD TO USE CERTAIN LAND FOR MEMORIAL PURPOSES.
Whereas , The deferred operation of this act would tend to defeat its purpose, which is to provide forthwith for the construction of a World War II memorial by the city of Medford, therefore it is hereby declared to be an emergency law, necessary for the immediate preservation of the public convenience.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
The commissioner of capital asset management and maintenance may, notwithstanding sections 40E to 40J, inclusive of chapter 7 of the General Laws or any other general or special law to the contrary, release the restriction numbered 1 reserved by the commonwealth in a deed conveying a certain parcel of land to the Temple Shalom - Medford Jewish Community Center Inc. recorded in the Middlesex county south registry of deeds, at Book 11422, Page 511 solely to the extent necessary to allow the city of Medford to erect, construct and maintain a monument and ancillary related structures dedicated to the memory of those persons who entered the armed services of the United States of America from the city of Medford during World War II. Except to the extent expressly released pursuant to the immediate preceding sentence, the restriction shall remain in full force and effect. This land is described further on a plan of land entitled "Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Metropolitan District Commission, Parks Division, Middlesex Fells Reservation, Medford, plan showing conveyance to Medford Community Center Inc. August 1967" Benjamin W. Fink Director of Park Engineering, Plan Number 1320 of 1967, dated November 6, 1967, recorded in the Middlesex south registry of deeds at Book 11422, Page 511.