AN ACT PROHIBITING INTERNET HUNTING.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same as follows:
Chapter 131 of the General Laws is hereby amended by inserting after section 65 the following section:-
Section 65A. (a) For the purposes of this section, "online shooting or spearing" means the use of a computer or any other device, equipment, software or technology, to remotely control the aiming and discharge of any weapon including, but not limited to, any firearm, bow and arrow, spear, slingshot, harpoon or any other projectile device or any other weapon capable of killing or capable of inflicting injury capable of killing any bird, mammal, reptile or fish.
(1) engages in online shooting or spearing of any bird, mammal, reptile or fish;
(2) owns or operates a shooting range, site, gallery or other facility in the commonwealth utilized for online shooting or spearing;
(3) creates, maintains or utilizes an Internet Web site, or a service or business via any other means, from any location within the commonwealth for the operation of online shooting or spearing;
(4) possesses or confines any bird, mammal, reptile or fish to promote or for use in online shooting or spearing; or
(5) imports into or exports out of the commonwealth any bird, mammal, reptile or fish, or the remains thereof, injured or killed by online shooting or spearing, shall be punished by imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than 2 1/2 years or by a fine of not more than $2,500, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
(c) The department shall revoke any license issued pursuant to section 12 to any person who violates this section. The department shall not issue nor renew a license under said section 12 to any person who violates this section for not less than 3 years nor more than 5 years from the date of such violation.
(d) This section shall apply to any person, firm, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, association or other business entity.
(e) Any bird, mammal, reptile or fish, or the remains thereof, possessed in violation of this section shall be subject to seizure by the department.
Approved August 2, 2007.