Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same as follows:
SECTION 1. The town of Westport may authorize the Westport landing commission to change the use of a certain parcel of land described in section 2 to a use for environmental, preservation and educational purposes and to transfer the care, custody and control of the land to the board of selectmen to complete the leases authorized in section 2.
SECTION 2. Notwithstanding section 2 of chapter 171 of the acts of 1848 or any other general or special law to the contrary but subject to chapter 30B of the General Laws, the town of Westport, acting by and through its board of selectmen and in consultation with the Westport landing commission, may lease for up to 30 years a certain parcel of land consisting of 1.8 acres, shown on a plan entitled Westport Town Landing at the Head of the Westport River, being all or a portion of the town’s lands located at 493 Old County road, for environmental, preservation and educational purposes. The lease may be entered into with the entities leasing the property on the effective date of this act. The lease shall be on the terms and conditions as the board of selectmen, in consultation with the Westport landing commission, considers appropriate.
SECTION 3. Nothing in this act shall affect any leases on the property described in section 2 that are in effect on the effective date of this act but any extension or renewal of any lease shall be subject to this act and chapter 30B of the General Laws.
SECTION 4. This act shall take effect upon its passage.
Approved, April 23, 2014.